Each year following the Canal Run we survey all of our participants to see how they feel everything went, see what we can improve and make sure people are excited to come back again next year. Every year we take action on this feedback. Whether it’s adding new stops, adding another race or allowing people to try on the shirts before they pick a size. Each year dozens of improvements make this race better than the year before.
With the survey, we also hear from many grateful Racers about their experience. Below you’ll find some of our favorite quotes. We don’t know who said these quotes as the survey is anonymous, but we thought you’d still love them!
Top 10 Quotes from the 2018 Canal Run Survey
- “It was the coolest thing ever to have your name announced as you cross the finish line. It made you feel special and accomplished!”
- “The child’s dash was great, our child loves her medal!”
- “Everything was SO organized. I loved that I could look at the T-shirt before taking it home with me to make sure it would fit.”
- “I want to congratulate the organization for a terrific event in the face of some very difficult conditions. I’ve worked on another small race, and I can’t imagine how you got around the changes you had to make. Fantastic job!”
- “Mitch Lake is great! Love him.”
- “Nice smooth road. No getting lost. Nearly every house we went past had people sitting out front cheering.”
- “We love this race and travel “home” to the Copper Country each year for it. The small town, well-organized race and beautiful scenery keep us Michigan Tech alumni coming back each year.”
- “OMG the food was amazing. <3 thanks for everything.”
- “I enjoyed the street fair the night before. There was a nice variety of musical talent, and a chance to stroll and explore the Main Street.”
- “I am proud to be able to compete in a well-planned, well-organized event! Kudos to all! COPPER COUNTRY STRONG!”