Everything you need to know to register for the Canal Run can be found below. If you have questions during any part of the registration process, feel free to contact us, and we’ll work with you to get your questions answered.
How Do I Register?
There are four ways to register for the Canal Run. Please choose the one that is easiest for you.
- You can register online with our registration partner, RunSignUp. The form to fill out can be found below.
- Download our registration form (PDF), fill it out and mail it to us at 921 W. Sharon Ave.; Houghton, MI 49931. Checks can be made out to “Canal Run.”
- Contact us, and we will mail you a registration form.
- We will have last-minute registration Friday, July 20 from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Finnish American Heritage Center on Finlandia University’s campus. We highly suggest registering ahead of time, though. This will save you money, and assure you get your size of shirt.
How much does it cost to participate in the Canal Run?
|Entry Fees||2-Mile||5-Mile||10-Mile||1/2 Marathon||Kids’ Dash
|Before April 1||$25||$30||$35||$45||FREE||$10|
|Before July 1||$30||$35||$40||$50||FREE||$10|
- No refunds.
- There is a $10 fee to change races after July 1, plus the difference in fees if moving to a more expensive race. There is no refund to go down a race.
- U.P. Road Runners Club members receive $2 off their registration fee.
- Online registration closes Thursday of race week at midnight
- Register by May 1 to ensure your t-shirt size will be available to you race weekend
- Age Requirements: At least 16-years-old to compete in the half marathon, 13 to compete in the 10-mile-run and all of those under 10 must be accompanied by an adult for the five-mile run and two-mile fun run. There are no age requirements for the walking events.
- 5 or more participants in any of the races = $3 off each entry fee.
- 10 or more participants in any of the races = $5 off each entry fee.
- All team entry forms must be submitted together and mailed in OR filled out online through the new registration form.
What Do I Get for Registering?
The Canal Run is the premier running and walking event in Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula. We pride ourselves in offering a great race to our participants, including:
- Chip-timed racing through Superior Timing
- A commemorative Canal Run t-shirt – Sizing information can be found here – coming soon for 2018.
- Water stations throughout the course
- A medical station at the finish stationed with medical personnel
- Unique awards and medals for half marathon finishers, overall and age group winners
- Free downloadable photos from the race courtesy of Brockit Photography
Now, Let’s Register!