When Stephen Smith thought up a good idea, he didn’t realize it would turn into Hancock’s newest tradition. He just thought celebrating some of Hancock’s delicious restaurants and enjoying lively music throughout downtown Hancock would be a fun time.
He was right. Well, actually he was wrong. It’s turned into the most magical night of the year in Hancock. Year in and year out crowds of hundreds come out to walk the Quincy Street strip. Life music fills the air. Delicious locally crafted food is served on nearly every block.
“It’s the night to be in Hancock,” Canal Run committee member Michael H. Babcock said. “There’s a magical feeling throughout the streets with the huge variety of music, excitement in the hundreds of people making their way through the recently revamped downtown district and the food is just a reminder that you don’t even need to go south of the Portage Lake Lift Bridge to find amazing eats. The city of Hancock has a lot to be proud of with this event.”
This year’s celebration is adding a couple new pieces with a classic car show taking place on Quincy Green, food being served all the way from LaCantina to Gino’s, and a mainstage being erected on Quincy Green that will feature some of the highlight performances of the fifth annual event. One of those being the national performing Vogts Sisters, who will be playing at the Orpheum later that night.
2018 Key Ingredients Menu
Below you’ll see a full list of the musicians, where they’re playing and what time you’ll need to be there to see them!
- LaCantina – Eric Hopper (piano, jazz) – 6-8 PM
- SNB Lot Between Bleacher’s & Nutini’s – Bald Squeezebox (eclectic rock) – 7:30-9:30 PM
- Community Arts Center – Mike Irish (jazz, R&B guitar) – 6:30-8:30 PM
- K.C. Bonkers – Seth & Elle Helman (piano & vocals) – 6-7 PM
- K.C. Bonkers – Clay Hilman (piano; fusion) – 7-9 PM
- Copper Island Beach Club – Dave Bezotte (piano, classics) – 6:30-8:30 PM
- Milly’s – Engineered Harmonies (a capella group) – 6-6:30 PM
- Milly’s – Vanessa Dulong (country & pop) – 7-8 PM
- Superior National Bank – DJ Rasner (folk/rock guitar) – 6-8 PM
- Quincy Green Main Stage -Mackenzie Clan & Friends (bagpipes, Celtic dance) – 5:30-6 PM
- Quincy Green Main Stage -The Vogts Sisters (bluegrass) – 6:30-7 PM
- Quincy Green Main Stage – Seth & Elle Helman (piano & vocals) – 7:30-8:30 PM
- Quincy Green Main Stage – Engineered Harmonies (a capella group) – 8:30-9 PM
- Quincy Green Main Stage – Vanessa Dulong (country & pop) – 9-9:30 PM
- Finlandia University (Old Main lawn) – Paul Butcher Group (jazz) – 7-9 PM
- Gino’s Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge – Steve Jones (gypsy jazz/rock guitar) – 7-9 PM
- Orpheum Theatre/Studio Pizza – The Vogts Sisters (bluegrass) – 8:30-10:30 PM